At OLF, there are two kinds of retreats.
1. OLF Sponsored and Lead Retreats.
2. Catholic Parish Teen Youth Group Retreats.
On this page, we will tell you about the OLF Sponsored and Lead Retreats. Click here, if you would like to find out about retreats specifically designed for and by Catholic parish youth groups.
- OLF lead retreats will be run by OLF staff, who are trained and have experience as youth group leaders. Each staff member will have undergone a thorough background check with the State and past employers.
- The OLF Retreat team will design different retreats based on relevant themes or according to specific age groups, such as 13-15 or 16- 17. The nature of each OLF retreat will be published in advance on our website and in various locations throughout the diocese.
- These retreats are primarily aimed at teens who do not belong to a parish or any other kind of Catholic youth group. They will also be open to any teen who wishes to spend time with us.
- There will be two versions of these OLF retreats: 1. The day retreat, which runs from 12:00 noon to 8:00pm. 2. The overnight retreat, which runs from 12:00 noon to 12:00 noon, the next day.
- Both the day and the overnight retreats will include a mass in St. George Shrine.
- Both retreats will be full of fun activities at the waterfront, on our sports fields and courts, and on our high and low ropes course.
- Even though the participants in the OLF retreats may not know each other at first, the shared experiences over this short time will give teens the chance to build new and genuine friendships.
- The cost of each retreat will be based on per-person attendance and announced on our promotional material. Financial aid may be available. Please check with our office staff.
If you are interested in having your teen (male or female) join one of our in-house retreats, give us a call! We’d love to tell you more about what we have planned coming up soon!