Starting in 2019, Our Lady of the Fields began inviting local Catholic schools, Catholic parish youth groups, and Catholic high school sports teams to our grounds and facilities to grow closer to each other and to grow closer to Our Lord.
In this time, well over 1,500 people have passed through our welcoming gates. They’ve used our church, our fields, our cabins, our dining hall, our waterfront, and our high and low ropes course. We have been blessed to share our community with theirs.
Some of the groups that have come to Our Lady of the Fields in 2019 are:
- Our Lady of Sorrows youth group (Farmington Hills)
- University of Detroit Jesuit High School Varsity Football team (Detroit)
- St. Patrick’s youth group (Brighton)
- Academy of the Sacred Heart Freshman girls (Bloomfield Hills)
- Everest Academy Middle School boys (Clarkston)
- Our Lady of Victory Confirmation Retreat (Novi)
- St. Rafka Teen summer camp (Livonia), Shrine Catholic High School Freshman (Royal Oak), and St. Andrew’s youth group (Saline)
And, we’re not even done for the year! Our heated cabins, snow removal equipment, indoor restroom and shower facilities and large meeting spaces mean that groups are still planning to visit OLF all winter long!
Are you associated with a group that might benefit from an OLF retreat? Give us a call at (248) 379-0943, and we can work with you to plan a memorable and powerful experience. Dates are still available for the late fall and winter of 2019, and we are already booking dates for the Spring of 2020! We invite you to join us at Our Lady of the Fields!
At OLF, there are two kinds of retreats.
1. OLF Sponsored and Lead Retreats.
2. Catholic Parish Teen Youth Group Retreats.
On this page, we will tell you about the Catholic Parish Teen Youth Group Retreats. Click here, if you would like to find out about retreats specifically designed by the OLF Retreat team for students who are not connected to a parish youth groups.
- These retreats will be run by a combination of OLF and parish staff, who are trained and have experience as youth group leaders. Each staff member will have undergone a thorough background check with the State and past employers.
- These retreats are aimed at teens who belong to a parish youth group.
- There will be two versions of these parish youth group retreats: 1. The day retreat, which runs from 12:00 noon to 8:00pm. 2. The overnight retreat, which runs from 12:00 noon to 12:00 noon, the next day.
- Both the day and the overnight retreats will include a mass in St. George Shrine.
- Both retreats will be full of fun activities at the waterfront, on our sports fields and courts, and on our high and low ropes course.
- Parish youth group leaders can feel free to enlist the help of OLF staff members to provide activities or they may simply use our grounds and facilities to offer their own programming. We can be as flexible as you want us to be.
- The cost of a parish retreat can vary greatly depending on how much assistance or access the group wants at OLF. Please contact our camp office for a customized quote.
If you are interested in having your Parish Teen Group come to an OLF retreat, give us a call! We’d love to tell you more about what we have planned coming up soon!